RUBBER GUARD is UV resistant. High slip resistance makes it ideal for stairways, ramps, walkways and light delivery vehicles.
• Is an acrylic rubberizing agent and has UV resistance.
• Coating of up to 6mm thickness can be applied.
• Gives excellent sound damping features on vibrating equipment.
• Does not give out any toxic fumes and does not require any solvent.
• Is made of non-toxic and water based material.
• Provides a nice non-skid surface and top notch protection against corrosion.
• Can be cleaned with water.
• Should not be utilized on substrates that are below water permanently
• In case of higher dry film is needed, multiple coats can be applied on a single day.
In case of carbon steel, remove all loose and thick rust adhered to the surfaces, and use SELFCOAT BIND for sanding for providing a mechanical key. You can also opt for an abrasive blast with a minimum of grade Sa2 of SIS 05 5900 –1967 that has a maximum of 40 micrometers. Use one coat of METAL TREAT.
In case of surfaces that are painted previously, make sure that you remove all contamination like grease using an appropriate degreaser. Also, ensure that the coating is suitable by coating a small area before moving on to apply the full system. Patch prime with METAL TREAT is required here.
A rubberized spray gun, brush or textured roller is perfect for application. Touch ups are best done with the help of a brush. Do not forget to stir the contents well before applying to surfaces. All the equipment should be cleaned with water before touch dry state.
It is available in limited colors like black and has a shelf life of over a year. It can be cleaned with water and has a semi paste consistency. It is waterborne not flammable. It has a fire index of Class 3 and a textured matt finish. SelfCoat Rubber Guard is a water solvent acrylic and has a specific gravity of 1.1. It must not be thinned.
Colour: Light Grey (Dry) and Creamy (wet)
UV resistance: Excellent
Chemical resistance: Excellent
Water resistance: Excellent
Hardening resistance: Excellent
Drying time: 30 min (touch dry) 36 hours (full cure)
Spreading rate: 4 – 6 m²/L
Use water to clean all the equipment thoroughly after using it.
Store the sealed containers at moderate temperatures.